- About Us
- Road Trips
- Contact Us
The Valley of Flowers has many different colorful flowers, taking on various shades of colors as time progressed & was declared a national park in 1982 and now it is a World Heritage Site.
Valley of Flowers is a monsoon trek and part of Nanda Devi Bio-Sphere Reserve and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It lies between the transition of Zanskar Ranges and Greater Himalayas of Western Himalayas in the State of Uttrakhand.
It’s a pleasant walk among pilgrims (young and old alike who are heading to Hemkund Sahib) through lush greenery, streams, and hillside hamlets. The entire valley is generally a carpet of colors – green, yellow, red, blue. The flowering pattern of the valley apparently changes every few days. While the flowers grow in abundance, these flowers are rare. It is surrounded by mountains with trees at lower levels, brown and gray soil in the middle and bright snow at the top.
Duration: 5 Nights, 6 Days.
After Arrival, One has a relaxed evening in Joshimath and acclimatize or one can walk around.
Post early breakfast, Drive from Joshimath to Govindghat (a small hamlet situated at the confluence of Alaknanda and roaring Laxman Ganga and start point for the fully escorted trek). Govind Ghat to Ghangharia (base village for Valley of Flowers & Hemkund Sahib) is a beautiful trek route with magnificent views and river accompanying you throughout. Hot lunch on the trek route.
Ghangaria is also known as GOVIND DHAM.
Post breakfast, start trek to Valley of Flowers. The first part of the trek is through thick forest along the Pushpavati River. Later we trek in the open meadows. Arrive and explore the area. Witness several varieties of rare flowers including Blue Poppy, Potentilla, Geranium and hundreds of others. Packed lunch, flasks full of hot beverages as well as assorted refreshments will be arranged.
Post breakfast, Today we start our trek to Hemkund Sahib, one of the finest high altitude lakes in the Himalayas. It is also a place of worship for Sikhs and Hindus. It’s an uphill trek to reach Hemkund. See the crystal clear lake with astonishing views of surrounding seven peaks, visit Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara and Lakshman Temple on the banks of the lake.
Trek back to Ghangharia in the evening for Dinner and overnight stay. (Hotel/ Guest House Stay and Meals Included).
Note: there is a steep climb from Ghangria at 9,842 ft to Hemkund Sahib at 14,100 feet. This portion is quite strenuous.
Note: If reached on time, we can arrange for sightseeing in Joshimath and/or Auli this afternoon or one can go by own.
Post early breakfast, start your journey back to Rishikesh with fond memories. (Lunch and Dinner not included).
1. The Wind and Waterproof Jacket or Windcheater-1.
2. Pullover/ Sweatshirt-1, Collared Full Sleeve T-Shirt (Lightweight)-2.
3. Warmer/ Thermal-1, Lower-1.
4. Woolen Cap-1, Neck-Warmer-1, Gloves-1, Cotton Socks-4, Woolen Socks-2.
5. Poncho/ Rain suit (Mandatory)
6. Floater/ Chappal, Good Pair of Hiking Shoes (Waterproof during Monsoon & Snow Season).
7. Cold Cream, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm/ Lip Guard.
8. Personal Medicines, Inhalers (if any suffer from asthma).
Disclaimer– Download PDF
INR 9,999 per adult (Rishikesh to Rishikesh).
Departure Dates: on request.
– Land Transfer from Rishikesh to Rishikesh (Tempo Traveler/ Taxi).
– Qualified & Experienced Trek Leader, and Support Staff.
– 5 Nights Accommodation on shared basis as per Itinerary (2N-Joshimath/Goviondghat, 3N-Ghangharia).
– Stay in Hotel/ Guest House/ Camping on the shared basis.
– All meals are veg (Day-1 Dinner to Day-6 Breakfast).
– Entry tickets to Valley of Flowers.
– Services of Mountain Guide.
– First Aid Kit.
– & Fullpower Fun.
– Any Services not mentioned in the Inclusions.
– Any Insurance, Emergency Evacuation Charges, Expenses for Medical Treatment.
– Hire charges for Mules/ Porters/ Equipment if hired by trekkers for personal ride or extra personal luggage
– Charges for Hot Water, Refreshment, Snacks, Beverages.
– Entry tickets to Valley of Flowers for foreign nationals.
– Charges to carry Camera/Video Equipment inside Valley of Flowers.
– Meals other than Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner as indicated in the itinerary or charges for mineral water, Soda, other beverages or drinks.
– Charges for Helicopter Ride, Ropeway, Chair-Car or any Sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary.
– Any expense of Personal Nature or any Gifts, Tips, Offerings, Pooja expenses or Donations.
– Within 10 days of Arrival Date/ No Show: No Refund.
– In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
– Booking Confirmation is subject to receipt of Full Advance Amount.
– All the Rates mentioned are valid for Indian Nationals Only.
– Tariff for Foreign Nationals/NRI’s is on request.
– Check-In Timings: 1 pm and Check Out Timings: 11 am (for accommodations).
– If arrival time is not mentioned, the reservations will be released at 6 pm.
– The Applicable Tariff, Packages are subject to change without prior intimation.
– Taxes extra as per Government notification.
– HRI not responsible for any kind of accident or injury to anyone so please trek carefully.
– In the case of non-availability of the rooms at our respective hotels for reasons, The Hotel would be arranging alternative/ similar accommodation.
– All jurisdictions are subject to Chandigarh only.
– Confirmation is subject to force majeure clause.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days.
1) Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
2) Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
3) Do not Smoke, Consume Alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
4) Avoid trekking during the nights.
5) Before undertaking the trek, consult a Physician.
6) Carry Basic Medications and a first-aid kit during the Trek.
7) The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
1) No. of Trek Leaders / Guide accompanying the group?
One trek leader & support staff always accompany 10 to 15 trekkers.
2) How Trek leaders manage emergency situations. Do we have stretchers, oxygen cylinder at all times?
Our all trek leaders qualified & certified in “Wilderness first-aid” and are aware of high attitude problems, and trek leader always carries whole first-aid kit and necessary medicines with our backpack.
3) Who will lead and who all will go along with us?
Always Trek leads by experienced & professional Trek leader along with one local guide and supporting staff.
4) If I am the only girl in the trek, so is it safe?
Yes, our first priority is to provide the safest environment for all trekkers and the girls’ safety is of foremost importance for us. We always create a friendly environment between trekker. And another supporting staff is carefully chosen for your trips. But we would also advise you to take care of your own personal belongings.
5) I can’t carry my bag can anyone carry it for me?
Yes, But you should intimate in advance so that we will arrange the porter or mule accordingly.
6) What type of food is served during a trek?
We always serve vegetarian food during our trips but someone wants Non-Veg He/She has to pay separately.
7) How to get safe drinking water on the trek?
Himalayan water is naturally clean but you should carry your own water bottle.
8) Should I bring my personal medicines with me?
Yes, it is always advisable.
9) What are the risks involved?
You would need to be careful on slippery sections on the trail especially if it’s raining. The altitude gain while trekking from Ghangria to Hemkund Sahib is something that you will need to be mindful of since AMS can hit trekkers at this altitude.
10) Medical Certificate?
We DO NOT allow anyone on the trek without the medical certificate.
Joshimath is the last place that you will find an ATM in case you need to withdraw money before starting the trek.
BSNL and Idea networks will be available all the way to Ghangria, after which there will be no mobile connectivity. Please inform anxious family members about poor connectivity during the trip.
For more details, kindly feel free to contact us.
+91 73800 87934, email@example.com