Sar Pass Trek
May to June
-5 to 15° C
Sar Pass is a stunning Himalayan trek from Grahan village ending in Barhsaini in Kullu Valley. The trek is recommended for all those who love adventure, snowy landscapes and high mountains.
The trek starts from Kasol where you will pass through pine forests, magnificent meadows, snow-capped mountains and some of the most jaw dropping landscapes which makes Sar Pass one of the best treks for mountain & nature lovers. You will also pass by a frozen lake Called Sar in the local dialect from where it got its name. The total trek distance is of approx. 48km. Once you reach the pass almost close to 14,000ft, the view from the pass is absolutely breathtaking because of the majestic mountains of Parvati Valley. This trek will surely give an adrenaline rush and thrilling experience adorned with alpine forest, wild flowers and magical valleys.
Kasol is the base for most of the trekking trails in the Parvati valley. It is also called as ‘the little Israel of India’. So Kasol offers a genuine Israeli food and such other cuisines like Indian, Continental etc.
Heaven Riders India offers you an opportunity to cross Sar Pass and experience the best. Trip starts and ends at backpackers destination ‘Kasol’.
- REAL JOY OF THE TREK IS HIMALAYAN SNOW SLIDES
- BEST HIMALAYAN TREK IN KASOL
- GREEN MEADOWS, QUAINT VILLAGES, VIEWS OF SNOW-COVERED MOUNTAINS
- THRILLING EXPERIENCE WITH ALPINE FOREST, WILD FLOWERS
- ADMIRE THE VIEWS OF MT. DEO TIBBA, MT. INDRASAN, ICE-CREAM PEAK & ANIMAL PASS
Day 1: Arrive Kasol. Report Base Camp by 5pm.
• Altitude:- Kasol 1,580m, 5,180ft
• Report at Base Camp
• Freshen up & rest, briefing
• explore Kasol Market, buy required things
• return to base camp, followed by Dinner & stay.
Day 2: Kasol to Grahan village (Trek 8 kms, 5 hrs)
• Altitude:- Kasol 9,800ft to Grahan 7,700ft
• Trek 8km, 5-6 hours
• Enough water through the trail
• Easy to Moderate trail.
After breakfast, Trek leader will brief you about trek. You will start the trek from Kasol to Grahan village and will be covering a total distance of 8Km from Kasol to Grahan in 5 hours. The trail is easy as you will pass through lot of pine forests, oak trees. To the left of Grahan, there is the Grahan Nallah. Once you move ahead the trail becomes rocky. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the village. The forests is rich in Rhododendrons. We will reach the Grahan village after the steep climb. Have lunch, dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 3: Grahan to Min Thach (Trek 7kms, 6 hrs)
• Altitude:- 7,700ft to 11,150ft
• 7-8Km, 6hr trek
• Steep trail, gradual ascent
• few water points on the way
• sunset and sunrises at this camp offers great views
Begin the trek from Grahan to Min Thatch. This trail is often used by the Shepherd and the villagers. It is a steep trail where you will find yourself amidst the woods. Enjoy the scenic view of Min Thatch, Nagaru and Sar top. Reach the campsite at Min Thach, have dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 4: Min Thach to Nagaru (Trek 8kms, 5 hrs)
• Altitude:- 11,150ft to 12,500ft
• 8Km, 4-5hr trek
• Steep trail, forest to Snow Meadows
• carry enough water
• coldest campsite of the whole trek with gusty winds
On this day we'll make an early start to approach Nagaru. The trail today is comparatively steeper than the previous route. Today we will be trekking to Nagaru. It will be a short day but difficult due to the steep trail. It will take around 4 to 6 hours to reach your next campsite.
As you ascend higher the air becomes thinner and you might face little-bit altitude sickness such as headache, dizziness. These symtoms are normal reaction of the body So increase the water & fluid intake and keep your hands, nose, eyes and ears open to acclimatize properly. But in any odd situation, we provide all the facilities including the first aid kit, portal oxygen, oxymeter and pulse-meter. Also the temperature can drop to below zero during nights. Don't hide any abnormal thing from trek leader. These are very common on such high altitude.
The campsite is very lovely where you will see the mountains of Parvati Valley. Spend the night in tents.
Day 5: Nagaru to Biskeri Thach, crossing Sar Pass (Trek 12kms, 7 hrs)
• Altitude:- 12,500ft to 13,850ft Sar Pass to 11,000ft
• 14Km, 7-8hr trek
• Steep Snow Trail, click pictures at top
• carry enough water
• Longest Himalayan Snow Slides
• unparalleled views of Majestic Parvati Valley
Start early from Biskeri Thatch Via Sar Pass. The climb will be steep and very long via Sar Pass. You will witness the views of Tosh Valley and the views of Sar Pass Top. Trekkers will be left in awe because of the Mountains of Parvati Valley. Spend time here, you can also click pictures. You can Start Descending to the next campsite Biskeri Thatch through Rhododendron trees. Also you'll enjoy the Longest Himalayan Snow Slides here. After 7-8 hours of trek reach your campsite, have dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 6: Biskeri Thach to Barshaini (Trek 8kms, 4 hrs), Drive to Kasol (2 hrs)
• Altitude:- 11,000ft to 7,500ft approx
• 8Km, 4hr trek, 2hr drive to Kasol
• enjoy the sunrise, breakfast
• enough water on trail
• careful during descend, might be tricky
Today will be the last day of trek. Biskeri Thatch will have impressive views of pine forests, Oak trees and the green grasslands and the snow-capped mountains. The descent is not tricky towards Pulga across the Parvati Valley and you will reach the Barsheini in few hours. Our team will be waiting for you in Barsheini to drop you to Kasol. Trekkers will reach Kasol by afternoon. So, plan your departure from Kasol accordingly.
- Accommodation on shared basis (Rooms/Tents).
- Healthy & nutritious veg meals while on trek (Day 1 Dinner to Day 6 packed Lunch).
- Morning & Evening Tea with Cookies, Maggie/Soup/snacks in the evening during trek.
- Pick & Drop Point from Kasol market.
- Camping Equipment like Tents, Sleeping Bag, Mattress, Kitchen & Dining equipment etc.
- All necessary Forest, Camping, Trekking Permits & Entry Fees.
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit, Oximeter, portable Oxygen.
- Mountaineering Course Certified & Expert Trek leader & Support Staff (Local Guide, Cook, Porter, Mule & Helper).
- Transportation as per itinerary (Barshaini to Kasol drop on day 6) rest depends on weather & road conditions.
- & followed by full power fun.
- Any Services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Any Insurance, Airfare/Train-fare/Volvo Ticket, cost of Hospitalization, Emergency Evacuation, Rescue charges, off-loading/portage of personal luggage.
- Any expenses arises due to Bad Weather, Road Blockage, or any other reason beyond our control to be borne by Trekker/customer on the spot.
- Any expenses personal in nature like Tip, Mineral Water and snacks/Meals not mentioned in the inclusions.
Things To Carry/Essentials
- Wind & Waterproof Jacket.
- Fleece-2, Trek Pant -2, Collared Full Sleeve T-shirt-2, Warm nightwear set for night.
- Warmers/Thermal-1 pair (Top & Lower).
- Woolen Cap, Neck-Warmer, Waterproof Gloves, Woolen Socks-2, Trekking Socks-5, Sun Cap, Early-Dry Towel.
- Poncho/Rain Suit (Mandatory).
- Waterproof Trekking Shoes with Good Grip.
- Cold Cream, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm/ Lip Guard, Personal Toilet Kit and Toilet Paper.
- Personal Medicines.
- Water bottle – 2 (Mandatory).
- Goggles, Trekking Pole - 1 (Mandatory).
- Inhalers (if any suffer from asthma).
- Tiffin Box (for packed Lunch).
- Backpack 45 Ltrs.
- and most important the Adventure Spirit.
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 10% deduction (payment gateway & bank charges).
- Between 30 days to 10 days prior to departure - 50% deduction.
- Less than 10 days of departure - No Refund.
- In partial payment system, Booking amount is Non-Refundable in any case.
Why Choose Hri
- Secure Bookings: We works with safe & secure bookings gateway. Don't worry about your credentials. Our expert team will help you to book your next Himalayan experience.
- Safety: We breath in the term ‘Safety’ as this our utmost priority. Suitable environment for Solo Woman Travelers/Trekkers so don't no worry in that case. We have tremendous trek leaders where all of them are well-trained professionals & certified with mountaineering courses (Basic and Advance as well). They know the safety protocols like the back of their hand. Also our support staff is well-behaved & they respect all.
- Smaller Batches: We at HRI believe in the concept of Small batches' that improves quality & focus. Maximum 15 numbers of group strength that helps trek leader to get connect all members.
- Itinerary: Our team of experts crafted all the itineraries very carefully so all the members can acclimatize properly & refined from our experience of leading hundreds of trekkers.
- Equipment: While organizing trekking in Himalayas HRI uses high quality equipment as per the standards. From tents to sleeping bags to ropes & other technical equipment like rope, micro spikes, gaiter etc. everything is tested and certified. HRI trek leaders always carry portable Oxygen & Basic First-Aid Medical Kit, Oximeter with them.
- Clean Trails: We at HRI, strong believers in the Leave No Trace policy and encourage our all members to don't throw garbage & plastic rapers during our expeditions. Also our aim is to improve welfare of local people and Keep Trails clean & green. We respect nature and working on it simultaneously.
Health & Fitness
- Walking is a great exercise that gives great shape to your legs and your body. It helps in burning calories and cut down excess weight and strengthens the heart.
- Jogging is effective in increasing human lifespan and makes your lungs stronger. It is an aerobic activity that requires a lot of oxygen. This is a great exercise for fighting obesity and staying healthy.
- Squats are the best form of functional exercises to improve stability. They also strengthen your legs, thighs, hips and hamstring.
- 3 Sets each of Pull-ups, Push-Ups, Sprints, Mountain Climber, & 60 Seconds Plank.
- Another great cardio vascular exercise is pushing your body upstairs after stairs. This is regarded as the best exercise for increasing strength and power.
- & finally don't forget to give treat to your body with some Yoga and Meditation in the end.
What documents I have to carry?
I'm the solo female traveler, is it safe?
Is Diamox advisable and I should bring some medicines with me?
Yes personal medicines are advisable during any trekking expedition weather organizers carrying it or not.