Kedarkantha Snow Trek
November - March
-5 to 15° C
- ADVENTUROUS SUMMIT: ADRENALINE RUSH
- AMAZING CAMPSITES WITH PICTURESQUE TRAILS
- YOU'LL BE DRIVING IN THE BEST PARTS OF HIMALAYAS
- THE STUNNING VIEWS FROM THE SUMMIT
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri (Drive- 220 km, 8 Hours)
Altitude: 6,400 feet
• 220 km drive - approx 8-10 hours
• Trekkers will be picked from Dehradun at 6:30am in a Bolero/Sumo or a similar vehicle
• Expected arrival time at Sankri – 5:00 pm.
Fascinating Kedarkantha trek journey starts from Dehradun city. Sankri is located at a distance of 220km from here. Have one of the best drives in the Himalayas passing through Mussoorie and many other locations. The adrenaline rush
cannot be stopped because you will be crossing various sceneries. The journey will be a long one as you will reach at evening. The last 22km of the drive is very exciting
as you will enter Govind National Park which is famous for flora and fauna. It is one a kind because of its unique collection. The roads till Sankri are bumpy and rough,
might take a little time to reach to the destination. After reaching Sankri, you can relax there and wander around Sankri. One can have dinner at the premises or can enjoy dinner at the dhabas to taste some local flavors and experience the cuisine of the area.
Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab (Trek 5 hours)
Altitude: 6,400 feet to 9,100 feet
• 4 kms trek, approx 5 hours.
• The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows.
Start your day with a positive mindset after having a breakfast. Today you will be heading towards Juda Ka Tal, which is based at an altitude of 9100 feet. This trail is a mixture of wide curves and sharp climbs. There will be dense forests and thick carpets of maple and pine leaves all brown in color. The view is very mesmerizing and one can hear the streams all flowing. Reaching Juda Ka talab will take approximately 5 hours. One will get to see the view of remote villages, where women are dedicatedly working towards their work and looking after their children.
Day 3: Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base (Trek 4 hours)
Altitude: 9,100 feet to 11,250 feet
• 4 kms trek, approx 4 hours
• Most of the today’s trail is on a ridge, under oak trees
• You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot a shepherd log huts.
• Peaks:- Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others
Another day begins where the trekkers move towards Kedarkantha base which lies at an altitude of 11,250feet. The distance from Juda Ka Talab to the base camp is around 4km and if you walk in a moderate speed it will take 4 hours. The trail will lead you to dense forests, oak forests and steep ridges and much more dense areas.
While trekking through the trail energize your body in between by taking a break and get to see the great Himalayan view. Before reaching the base camp, you will be charmed by the snow-clad mountains of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala
Nag and Ranglana.
At base camp, Wear proper woolen clothes, cap because at this height the wind is strong. Relax at the base camp and witness the shimmering night sky and make a count of the stars with your naked eyes. Get to see milky way stretching from one corner of the sky to another. This is a fantasy moment for trekkers and photographers.
Day 4: Base Camp to Kedarkantha Summit 12,500 ft and return to Juda-ka-Tal
Today is the day you will be conquering the Kedarkantha Summit. The trekkers need to hike an elevation from 11,250 feet to 12,500 feet. If you walk in a moderate speed you will reach in about 7 hours altogether. Conquering a peak is not a cup of tea as the entire day will be very tiring.
The journey will be worth at the end despite of many challenges. Climbing through the forest till the end, one can find the Kedarkantha peak much closer. Trekkers will get to see the beautiful peak, from the meadows while trekking
which will boost up the excitement. At the top of the peak there is a beautiful yet small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati. There is a small shrine of Lord Ganesha too. 360 view of the snow-clad peaks of Uttarakhand is enticing and appealing. Words cannot justify the beauty hence it's better to visit and witness with their own eyes.
Relax and enjoy clicking pictures and it's time to descend through the same route.
Day 5: Juda-ka-Tal to Sankri (Trek 3 hours), Sankri to Dehradun (Drive 8-10 hours)
Descend to Sankri i.e. from 9100ft to 6400ft. The trail is for 4kms and it would take approx 3 hours or more if go at a moderate speed. Wander through the dense forests and many oak trees which is extremely pretty. There will be point where you will find a ridge where it will give a splendid view of Har Ki Doon Valley.
After reaching Sankri, Freshen up and lunch, The drive to the Dehradun will take you through pine forests with the Tons river flowing side by side. Savor the moments and beauty of the locations the landscapes around the city. Vehicle will drop you at Dehradun Railway Station/ISBT.
- Accommodation: 4 Nights stay in camps & rooms on shared basis.
- Healthy & nutritious meals during trek itinerary (between Day – 1 Dinner to Day – 5 Breakfast).
- Morning & Evening Tea with Cookies, Maggie/Soup in the evening.
- Pick & Drop from Dehradun.
- Camping Equipment like Tents, Sleeping Bag, Mattress, Kitchen and dining equipment.
- Equipment like Micro spikes, Gaiters to walk comfortably on snow & ice _if required_.
- All necessary Forest, Camping, Trekking Permits & Entry Fees.
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit.
- Mountaineering Course Certified & Expert Trek leader & Support Staff (Local Guide, Cook, Porter, Mule & Helper).
- Transportation as per itinerary (Dehradun to Sankri & return).
- & Full power Fun.
- Any services not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any Meal, Snacks during Land Transfer/Transportation.
- Any Insurance, Airfare/Train-fare/Volvo Ticket, cost of Hospitalization, Emergency Evacuation, Rescue charges, off-loading, personal porter, mule charges etc.
- Any expenses arises due to Bad Weather, Road Blockage, or any other reason beyond our control to be borne by Trekker/customer on the spot.
- Any expenses personal in nature like Tip, Mineral Water and snacks/Meals not mentioned in the inclusions.
- - Taxes
Things To Carry/Essentials
- Wind & Waterproof Jacket.
- Fleece-2, Trek Pant -2, Collared Full Sleeve T-shirt-2, Warm nightwear set for night-1.
- Warmers/Thermal-1 pair (Top & Lower).
- Woolen Cap, Neck-Warmer, Waterproof Gloves, Woolen Socks-2, Trekking Socks-5, Sun Cap, Early-Dry Towel.
- Poncho/Rain Suit (Mandatory).
- Waterproof Trekking Shoes with Good Grip.
- Cold Cream, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm/Lip Guard, Personal Toilet-Kit & Toilet Paper.
- Personal Medicines.
- Water bottle – 2 (Mandatory).
- Goggles, Trekking Pole - 1 (Mandatory).
- Inhalers (if any suffer from asthma).
- Tiffin Box (for packed Lunch).
- Backpack 45 Ltrs.
- and most important the Adventure Spirit.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 10% deduction (payment gateway & bank charges).
- Between 30 days to 10 days prior to departure - 50% deduction.
- Less than 10 days of departure - No Refund.
- In partial payment system, Booking amount is Non-Refundable in any case.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary. In such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity or a voucher will be handed over (in case of cancellation or rescheduling of event) to you. However no refund will be provided for the same. In case the trip is cancelled by us for lack of minimum number of people in the batch, you will get a full refund. Also, if you have opted for a trek insurance, rentals, off-loading & other activities the amount will not be refunded. In partial payment system, booking amount is Non-Refundable in any case. All refunds will be processed back to the same bank account or the credit card account from which the amount has been paid. The amount for refund will be processed within 10 working days. Refund amount would always be calculated basis the net amount paid* for booking of the event & the Base Price of the event (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking.
Why Choose Hri
- Secure Bookings: We works with safe & secure bookings gateway. Don't worry about your credentials. Our expert team will help you to book your next Himalayan experience.
- Safety: We breath in the term ‘Safety’ as this our utmost priority. Suitable environment for Solo Woman Travelers/Trekkers so don't no worry in that case. We have tremendous trek leaders where all of them are well-trained professionals & certified with mountaineering courses (Basic and Advance as well). They know the safety protocols like the back of their hand. Also our support staff is well-behaved & they respect all.
- Smaller Batches: We at HRI believe in the concept of Small batches' that improves quality & focus. Maximum 15 numbers of group strength that helps trek leader to get connect all members.
- Itinerary: Our team of experts crafted all the itineraries very carefully so all the members can acclimatize properly & refined from our experience of leading hundreds of trekkers.
- Equipment: While organizing trekking in Himalayas HRI uses high quality equipment as per the standards. From tents to sleeping bags to ropes & other technical equipment like rope, micro spikes, gaiter etc. everything is tested and certified. HRI trek leaders always carry portable Oxygen & Basic First-Aid Medical Kit, Oximeter with them.
- Clean Trails: We at HRI, strong believers in the Leave No Trace policy and encourage our all members to don't throw garbage & plastic rapers during our expeditions. Also our aim is to improve welfare of local people and Keep Trails clean & green. We respect nature and working on it simultaneously.
Health & Fitness
Kedarkantha trek is considered as a moderate trek in nature. The trek goes upto over 12,500ft. There is continuous altitude gain i.e. from Sankri (6,800ft to 12,500ft), for that you need to have very strong lungs. Hampta Pass trek requires a good amount of cardiovascular endurance. And you might be thinking how to make your lungs stronger? Firstly, start by jogging every day. Start jogging at a slow pace and keep increasing day by day. This will make your lungs stronger than before hence cardiovascular endurance exercises are very important. The Workouts
- Walking is a great exercise that gives great shape to your legs and your body. It helps in burning calories and cut down excess weight and strengthens the heart.
- Jogging is effective in increasing human lifespan and makes your lungs stronger. It is an aerobic activity that requires a lot of oxygen. This is a great exercise for fighting obesity and staying healthy.
- Squats are the best form of functional exercises to improve stability. They also strengthen your legs, thighs, hips and hamstring.
- 3 Sets each of Pull-ups, Push-Ups, Sprints, Mountain Climber, & Planks.
- Another great cardio vascular exercise is pushing your body upstairs after stairs. This is regarded as the best exercise for increasing strength and power.
- & finally don't forget to give treat to your body with some Yoga and Meditation in the end.